FROM THE FIELD
Racing Time on Oceania's Highest Peak
The Landscape We Are Up Against
We have drilled a second core through the ice to bedrock, and are done at our first site. Unfortunately, the helicopter that we need to move the heavy pieces to our second planned spot is down for regular maintenance until next Monday, June 21. That means the team must wait it out at the relatively sheltered “saddle camp” until then.
Here are two spectacular pictures, taken from the helicopter, of the landscape we are up against.
View all comments