The Office of Academic and Research Programs, Academic Initiatives, is looking for an intern to assist with the Sustainability Essentials Training Program during the fall 2014 semester. A full description can be found below:
Compensation: 15/hour, 10-20 hours a week (Must be available 5:30-8:30 on Tuesdays and Wednesdays throughout the Semester)
Description: The Office of Academic and Research Programs is seeking an intern to assist with the Sustainability Essentials Training Program both with marketing the program and assisting instructors and participants on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings, 5:30-8:30 throughout the semester, when the training program takes place
The Earth Institute has developed the Sustainability Essentials Training Program for people who wish to explore the concepts and principles of sustainability and who want to learn how to introduce sustainability practices into their organizations, new projects, and other aspects of their lives.
The intern will attend training sessions Tuesday and Wednesday evenings from 5:30pm to 8:30pm, set up the power point presentation and other supporting materials for the training, and search for target audiences who may be interested in the Sustainability Essentials Training Program. The Intern reports to Program Coordinator, OARP.
Anticipated Intern Tasks:
- Assist with implementing the Sustainability Essentials Training Program outreach plan by:
- Working with OARP Program Coordinator as required
- Building contact lists
- Drafting outreach letters for Program Coordinator review
- Advancing social media (Twitter, Linkedin, WordPress)
- Supporting Information Sessions (online and in person)
The Intern must be able to:
- Attend training sessions Tuesday and Wednesday evenings from 5:30pm to 8:30pm (training is from 6:00 to 8:00)
- Set up the power point presentation and other supporting materials for the training
- Provide a brief report on each training session to the Program Coordinator.
- Upload to Dropbox the following week’s materials and other resources shared during the training.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must possess a high level of computer skills, most importantly Microsoft Office (Excel and Powerpoint)
- Must be highly organized and able to work independently
- Graphic design, video, and/or photography experience preferred but not required
Type of Student Desired:
- Graduate or undergraduate
- Strong interest in environmental and sustainable development issues focusing on education.
- Background in education and training programs preferred
Send your resume and cover letter to Gabriella Cohen at firstname.lastname@example.org by Aug. 26.